I’ve never actually had intestines in my hands….I saw it on an episode of Grey’s Anatomy….but the following did actually happen this week….which I feel is kind of the equivalent:
1. An applicant told me he was a 7 Day Advantageous…..yup….Advantageous.
2. An associate quit because he said it was, “just too cold,” when he got up in the morning to come to work.
3. I was asked if “shiny polyester pants” were allowed under the dress code policy.
4. I saw a bumper sticker on a station wagon that said, “If You’re Riding My Ass, You Better Be Pulling My Hair.” It was applied adjacent to another sticker that looked something like this….
5. I saw a sign outside of an assisted living facility that said, “We Have Openings. Free Shovels!” I assume it was meant to be a reference to the snow….but, considering the clientele with one foot in the grave….maybe not the best advertising pitch.
6. I got this email from an internal employee I was working on transferring to a new role….
May God be with you too buddy….maybe he’ll have insights on a new job. Bye.
7. I got an application from someone with the last name Annis. I’ve seen the name in my openings before, but we’ve never connected. I don’t think he’s qualified, but I would love to know if his last name is pronounced ANNUS….and I kind of hope it is.
8. I spent part of a work day with a piece of a Platex tampon wrapper stuck to the side of my pant leg. I have no idea how long it was there.
9. Someone quit on Monday, without notice, then asked for his job back on Thursday. I gave it to him….because I’m desperate.
10. I found out that alcohol will NOT be supplied at my company’s upcoming leadership meeting….this does not bode well for me. How am I supposed to superficially connect with these people if they aren’t all drunk?