Want to know some interesting things about the number 50?
1. In the movie, Along Came Polly, Reuben Feffer yells “50!” while bumping uglies with Polly Prince.
2. The 50th episode of Beverly Hills 90210 was called “Wedding Bell Blues.”
3. Thanks to the book, 50 Shades of Grey, sales of duct tape, cable ties and rope at a hardware store in Pennsylvania skyrocketed….people in Pennsylvania are kinky.
4. In the video game, Sonic the Hedgehog, you need 50 rings to transform Sonic to his super form.
5. In 1979, the year I was born, “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by the Charlie Daniels band ranked number 50 on Billboard Year-End Hot 100 Singles.
6. Charlie Sheen will turn 50 in 2015….anyone else surprised he made it?
7. If you play all seven of your tiles at once in a game of Scrabble, you get 50 extra points.
8. Referring to police officers as “the 5-O” was derived from the television show, Hawaii Five-O.
9. 50 Cent throws like a girl. Google it….true story.
10. Best of all….my blog recently surpassed 50 followers. Whether accidental, intentional or because we’re friends and I made you….thank you for reading!
11. Bonus tidbit….Many recently found my blog through Austin’s Blog Party…..whose better than The Modern Philosopher!?…. which was a great opportunity to promote, but also discover some great blogs! Thank you! If you haven’t found him yet…what are you waiting for! The Return Of The Modern Philosopher
I’ve never actually had intestines in my hands….I saw it on an episode of Grey’s Anatomy….but the following did actually happen this week….which I feel is kind of the equivalent:
1. An applicant told me he was a 7 Day Advantageous…..yup….Advantageous.
2. An associate quit because he said it was, “just too cold,” when he got up in the morning to come to work.
3. I was asked if “shiny polyester pants” were allowed under the dress code policy.
4. I saw a bumper sticker on a station wagon that said, “If You’re Riding My Ass, You Better Be Pulling My Hair.” It was applied adjacent to another sticker that looked something like this….
5. I saw a sign outside of an assisted living facility that said, “We Have Openings. Free Shovels!” I assume it was meant to be a reference to the snow….but, considering the clientele with one foot in the grave….maybe not the best advertising pitch.
6. I got this email from an internal employee I was working on transferring to a new role….
May God be with you too buddy….maybe he’ll have insights on a new job. Bye.
7. I got an application from someone with the last name Annis. I’ve seen the name in my openings before, but we’ve never connected. I don’t think he’s qualified, but I would love to know if his last name is pronounced ANNUS….and I kind of hope it is.
8. I spent part of a work day with a piece of a Platex tampon wrapper stuck to the side of my pant leg. I have no idea how long it was there.
9. Someone quit on Monday, without notice, then asked for his job back on Thursday. I gave it to him….because I’m desperate.
10. I found out that alcohol will NOT be supplied at my company’s upcoming leadership meeting….this does not bode well for me. How am I supposed to superficially connect with these people if they aren’t all drunk?