A Year in Review….That’s a Wrap!
Over the last few weeks, I’ve devoted my year-end posts to updates regarding the To-Do list I created in lieu of a New Year’s Resolution to kick off 2016.
I wrote about the original idea to create my list in a post entitled, I Wish I May, I Wish I Might.
Of course, not everything I completed could be captured in photographs or had a story to go with it, so to end 2016, I’ve included my list below with my final updates.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year’s Eve!
See you in 2017!
- Take my son on his first overnight backpacking trip.
- Visit the summit of Mount Washington.
“Dump the Frump” with visible results by year’s end.A Year in Review….Snap, Crackle, Pop Visit my home state this year.There’s no place like home, There’s no place like home!
Write at least one blog post a month. Complete another section of the Appalachian Trail. Even if it means going solo.A Year in Review….Giggles & Jiggles on the Trail
- Spend a long weekend with my family in Acadia National Park.
SnowshoeA Year in Review….I Love the Smell of Winter
- Take a ride with my son on the Conway Scenic Railroad.
- Refinish the kitchen table and chairs at our lake house.
Read five books.To Kill a Mockingbird, The Walking Dead (26 volumes) – It counts. Disconnect from my cell phone completely when home with my family. Take my son to Santa’s Village next winter.A Year in Review….Jingle Bells Make a new friend.I made a number of incredible friends this year, including the amazing women I workout with. But I also made two new friends on the golf course this year. Frank (73) and Joe (71)
- Plant an herb garden.
- Visit my grandmother and spend some time learning as much as I can about her life.
Go horseback riding.If you ever get the chance, check-out Carousel Horse Farm Clean-out / redesign our home office.And then we moved! Meditate at least once a week.
- Take my son apple picking.
- Visit a working farm with my son.
Teach my son to golf. A Year in Review….In the Rough
- Take my son on a hayride.
Bake Christmas cookies with my son.A Year in Review….Sweet Tooth