Fifty, Cincuenta, Fünfzig, Cinquante, Cinquanta!
Want to know some interesting things about the number 50?
1. In the movie, Along Came Polly, Reuben Feffer yells “50!” while bumping uglies with Polly Prince.
2. The 50th episode of Beverly Hills 90210 was called “Wedding Bell Blues.”
3. Thanks to the book, 50 Shades of Grey, sales of duct tape, cable ties and rope at a hardware store in Pennsylvania skyrocketed….people in Pennsylvania are kinky.
4. In the video game, Sonic the Hedgehog, you need 50 rings to transform Sonic to his super form.
5. In 1979, the year I was born, “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by the Charlie Daniels band ranked number 50 on Billboard Year-End Hot 100 Singles.
6. Charlie Sheen will turn 50 in 2015….anyone else surprised he made it?
7. If you play all seven of your tiles at once in a game of Scrabble, you get 50 extra points.
8. Referring to police officers as “the 5-O” was derived from the television show, Hawaii Five-O.
9. 50 Cent throws like a girl. Google it….true story.
10. Best of all….my blog recently surpassed 50 followers. Whether accidental, intentional or because we’re friends and I made you….thank you for reading!
11. Bonus tidbit….Many recently found my blog through Austin’s Blog Party…..whose better than The Modern Philosopher!?…. which was a great opportunity to promote, but also discover some great blogs! Thank you! If you haven’t found him yet…what are you waiting for! The Return Of The Modern Philosopher